Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Saints vs. Seahawks



Last night Travalon and I continued his birthday festivities by having a drink at the Mid-Town Pub (the Karben4 Smoky Porter is amazing) and then watching the Saints-Seahawks game at Middleton Sports Bowl. I wanted to see the game because, now that the Pack are doing so badly, I am rooting for my second favorite team, the Saints. (Why do I like the Saints? Because I love New Orleans!) Not that I am not still rooting for the Packers, who are supposedly still in the hunt for a playoff position, but I’ve already pretty much written this season off for them. If they do suddenly spring to life, nobody will be happier than I, except maybe their mothers.

Anyway, rooting for the Saints was a lost cause during this game, because they were playing in Seattle, where the sound inside the stadium is so loud that it actually registered between 1-2 on the Richter scale. Plus, the Seahawks have Russell Wilson for their quarterback, and I do have a soft spot for him, since he used to be a Badger. Took us all the way to the Rose Bowl. It was a joy to watch him play, if you could look past the fact that he was trouncing my Saints. He is so fast and sneaky, I have no idea how other teams defend against him… and the Saints have the third best defense in the league but couldn’t stop him. Travalon and I left midway through the third quarter, when it was clear it was going to be a blowout. Then this morning I was having a really cool dream about New Orleans and fell back asleep until after I was already supposed to be at work. Oops! They don’t mind; they know I always make up the time.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

I gotta check out the Midtown Pub, it is close to my house but never been and I did not think it was a dark beer place