Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Gifts from Ma and Pa Hat



Last night I opened the presents from my parents in front of Rich and Kathbert, since they are usually amused by what Ma and Pa Hat get me for Christmas. This year was a little less wild than in years past, like when they gave me Aloysius the Singing Praying Mantis, which sings six different but equally bad vaguely Christian songs aimed at children. Aloysius was such a hit that people asked where my parents had gotten him, but alas, he was on clearance and there were no more left. This year there were two presents which were too small to be Aloysius or the Chihuahua that sings “Feliz Navidad.” The first one contained pumpkin spice cappuccino pods for a Keurig coffee machine, which I do not own, though I certainly do love pumpkin spice cappuccinos. We’ll have to see if we can just add hot water to make them. The second one was a glow-in-the-dark paperweight. We turned the lights off and indeed it does glow in the dark. Both of these are very work safe gifts, and in fact we have a cappuccino maker at work, but unfortunately it takes a much smaller sized pod so mine will not fit into it. Travalon still has not opened his gift from Ma and Pa Hat, so I’ll let you know what that is once he does.

Famous Hat

No comments: