Monday, December 9, 2013

So Close to My Dream



Saturday evening Travalon and I went to a wine-tasting party that Catzooks was hosting. We sampled five wines which were, as Travalon noted, not nearly as good as Wollersheim’s. Also, did you know there are wine accessories? Maybe you thought, like I did, that all you need to enjoy wine is a corkscrew and a glass. Were we ever wrong! Apparently for red wine you need an aerator, for white wine you need a chiller, and for all wine you need a gizmo to remove the foil from around the cork. Travalon and I did not rush to buy any of these accessories, but maybe you could interest us in beer accessories. Or not.

After the party Travalon and I went to the Nutty Bar at Bandung Restaurant to see if a band was playing, and wouldn’t you know, a band I used to play in was there. Not the one we saw before, which used to be Al Khemia but is now Oudist Colony; this one used to be Salaam/Shalom and is now called Mideast Meets Midwest. They were playing salsa and Hebrew music fusion, and Travalon and I happily danced along to it. As my readers may already know, playing in a salsa band has always been my dream, so I was bemoaning not belonging to this band anymore… and then one of the drummers came over and asked me if I wanted to play with them again! I’m not sure anything will come of it, or if I even have time, but this is the closest I’ve ever been to my dream. Of course, my dream the other night was that I was a llama working for a family that included Robert III and his children Robert 4.1 and Robert 4.2. That dream will probably never come true.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Hey you can ditch us and do something more fun, go for it!

Famous Hat said...

I haven't heard anything from the drummer yet, so I'm guessing you know who is not eager to take me back.