Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Women's Evening of Avent Joy



These internet ads are starting to get too personal. It was weird enough when they were all about wedding stuff, but today I saw one for Green Bay Packers manicures. How do they know I’m a Packer Backer? At least they don’t know everything about me, because they think I get manicures.

Friday night Luxuli wanted to go to the Women’s Evening of Advent Joy, so she was trying to round up women to go with her by telling us that there would be crafts and refreshments. I’m not a very crafty person, but who doesn’t like refreshments? Then I thought, hey, maybe the craft is making Christmas tree ornaments, and that might be kind of fun. Anyway, another woman and I said we would go with Luxuli. We got there and the promised refreshments were not a disappointment; they even had vegan and gluten free stuff at one end of the long buffet table full of treats. The crafts, however, were nowhere to be seen, except for a couple of women making rosaries from cords at our table. We had to do one of those ice breakers where you find something in your purse that represents you and use it to introduce yourself to the rest of the table, and one woman had Packer tickets. Then we had to vote for who had the coolest thing, and you know what I would choose, but I was outvoted by the people who liked cute grandbaby pictures. Then someone got up and told mildly amusing anecdotes about her progeny, and then another woman gave an overly long talk about Advent joy. So that was the Diocesan Women’s Evening of Advent Joy. Afterwards I was standing somewhat in proximity to the refreshment table, and a woman begged me to take a plate of leftovers, so I took them right to Rich’s house. Why should he miss out on goodies just because he’s not a woman?

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Richard Bonomo said...

The (burp) treats were quite good indeed! Thanks for thinking of bringing some to my home!

Hardingfele said...

That all sounds about as exciting as watching grass grow. But then you would feel the same way if you were in my cat gathering us talking about cats:-)

Famous Hat said...

I would much rather have been talking about football than listening to someone talk about Advent Joy.