Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Potluck

Friday we had our holiday potluck at work. The theme was German and Jewish food, so I was searching for an easy yet somewhat authentic recipe. A coworker actually found a perfect one: take two pounds of kielbasa, slice it into inch-long pieces, throw it into a slow cooker with sauerkraut and beer, and let it cook on low for six hours. I thought, "Even I can handle that!" My coworker was going to bring her crock pot in for me to use, but she stayed home sick, so I borrowed Rich's. And wouldn't you know I was about the only one who brought in something homemade? Most people brought boughten stuff. (Spell Check doesn't like that word but Kathbert will tell you it's a real word.) Then the director brought around sprigs of holly, so I have one sitting in a vase on my desk, looking all festive. Because none of the desserts were homemade, it was very easy to say no to all of them. Travalon does not like anything but the beer in what I had made, so Rich, Kathbert, and I ate the leftovers.

Famous Hat

No comments: