Monday, February 3, 2014

Huckleberry Cosmos



Friday night Travalon and I hung out with Jilly Moose and OK Cap and a couple of my coworkers at Nick’s restaurant. We had huckleberry cosmos (do not try to pronounce that after having enjoyed one) and fish fry. Surprisingly, considering that there was only one man in the crowd, we spent quite a bit of time discussing football. One of my coworkers said she wasn’t sure who was playing in the Super Bowl, but she thought maybe Oklahoma was. Now that is someone who is truly not following professional football. After dinner Travalon and I went to the Free House for drinks and conversation, and I told him how I had seen a photo on our university’s website of a guy from Liberia who looked just like the guy from my vision of the leopard and the poachers. In the picture below, it is the man on the left. (This is just an image, not a video.)



Saturday Tiffy was planning to come up, but she stayed home due to snow – always a danger this time of year. I ran exciting errands like getting yet a new bulb for Plant World, this one for the floodlight that shines on my bigger plants. This thing is a never-ending source of expenses. Rich says if I don’t need the ballasts anytime soon, I can always leave them to any children I might have so they can repair Plant World for all the plants they inherit from me. Oddly, Grammar Check does not have a problem with that sentence, even though it takes issue with so much of what I write. Usually I disregard it anyway.

Did everyone enjoy that lopsided Super Bowl? Travalon and I watched part of it at the Middleton Sport Bowl, then we went to Rich’s house for the second half, where we joined Kathbert, Luxuli, and her husband. I was happy that Russell Wilson got a ring but would have preferred a closer game. There were some really cute ads this year, and I hear the half time show was great, but we missed it driving to Rich’s house. I do like Bruno Mars. Luxuli, if you are reading this, I am wearing the wool socks today that you gave me for Christmas. Also, it’s good to have you back.  

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

Bruno Mars rocked. He is Phillipino, Hungarian, Jewish, Hispanic dude which is pretty awesome! As for the game, YAWN

I like that the word verification is now a string of random numbers which is far easier to type than random letters