Wednesday, February 26, 2014

More Wedding Planning with Light Bright



Last night Travalon came into town to watch the Badgers play basketball, so he and I got together at Nick’s for a quick bite. Since I was eating dinner at Light Bright’s house later, I just had a bowl of chili. Then Travalon came with me to Adoration and even wrote a couple of pages in my prayer journal that were very sweet, about how he thanked God for me. And I thank God for him!

After Adoration, I went to Light Bright’s house for soup and salad and red wine. We worked on the wording to my wedding invitations, so hopefully you will be receiving one in the mail very soon! I bought the invitation kits online, but I ordered enough for the number of guests I’m inviting, and of course many are going to be on the same invitation, so I’m going to have plenty of leftovers. Just another blonde moment in my life… Maybe I’ll have an anniversary party to use them up next year. After we finished the invitation wording, Light Bright suggested we look for program templates, so we worked on my wedding program too. She is so organized! She has been a huge help with this whole process. All my friends have been very helpful, so thanks for that!

My thought now, as I watch my savings get drained by the Matrimony Industrial Complex, is that it’s time to get a second job. Of course, with wedding planning, I don’t have time for such pursuits. Such are the paradoxes of life. Too bad this blog doesn’t pay enough to help much… I am just a few dollars away from getting paid again, so that’s exciting. Guess what I’ll be using it for? Wedding expenses!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I totally understand what are you gotten through , savings are important I am landing to get married soon as well and it's hard or maintain everything.

Hardingfele said...

I had a frugal wedding, under a thousand bucks. The most important word in your arsenal should be NO! Most of the stuff can be bought 2nd hand or at the grocery store and in the age of email and facebook, who needs a mailed invite. Practically,

Hardingfele