Monday, February 24, 2014

Marriage Prep Class #3



Friday night Travalon and I met up with a coworker of mine at Tony Frank’s for fish fry, then he and I went to Richard Bonomo’s house. Rich was there with Kathbert, so we hung out with them until it was time for me to head home, while Travalon stayed all night. He said Rich turned up the heat so he was quite comfortable, and oddly enough he and I both dreamed about Florida that night. He dreamed about alligators getting married, and I dreamed I was staying in Atlanta, but there was a huge fire so I fled due west until the next big city I hit, which was Tampa, like that makes any sense. Then I was looking for a Catholic Mass, and the only one I could find was at 11 at night. Travalon says we are both dreaming about Florida because we are so sick of winter, which is probably true. This time last year we were down in New Orleans… sigh…

Saturday morning Travalon and I were up and caffeinated before 8:00 in the morning. We had our second all-day marriage prep class, this one a little closer, in Sun Prairie. Once again we were the oldest people in the room besides the presenters, who had been married for years. They told us helpful stories about problems they had encountered and how they had worked them out. Again we had a workbook, and we doodled a little in it, but much less than the last all-day class since this one was more interesting. We answered questions in the workbook and then shared our answers with each other, and we seem to be in agreement about the important things. These classes do seem more geared toward twenty-somethings who don’t have a lot of life experience; by our age, most of this stuff is common sense.

After the class, Travalon and I drove to Columbus and attended Mass at their modern church, then we went to the Hydro Street Brewery for their cream ale and some dinner. Little breweries with good beer make Wisconsin so much fun! That and the Packers. Then we dropped in on Rich and had some tea with him, but the Welsh tea Travalon bought for him is gone now. That’s okay, there’s plenty of Builders Tea and Lifeboat Tea and of course our old favorite, Barry’s Tea – Ireland’s favorite tea since 1901, or so they claim. They do not tell you what Ireland’s favorite tea was before that. Thanks to Travalon and Catzookz for bringing such delicious tea to Rich’s house!

Famous Hat

No comments: