Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Italian Cinema and Bomono-less Workout



Sunday afternoon a coworker and I went to La Grande Bellezza, an Italian film about a party boy who has just turned 65 and realizes there is no meaning to his life. I would not have understood this movie at all in my twenties, but now I can identify with the nostalgia for lost youth. What I couldn’t identify with was a guy who made so much money off one book that he was set for life; the annual royalty checks I’ve dealt with nobody could live on, never mind party continuously on. Maybe he invested wisely…?

After that, Luxuli and I worked out without Rich, and our workout did seem shorter than when he is with us, so maybe we were forgetting some critical step. I do feel less sore after working out without him, but that could be my muscles adjusting to weightlifting as much as my routine without Rich lacking something. Good (?) news – we won’t have to work out without Rich much longer, because the health club did grant him a temporary membership. As he said in the email notifying us of their decision, “Prepare for the ‘burn!’” With a smiley emoticon after it. I’m not sure if that’s a reassuring smile that he won’t be too unkind or an evil smile that he is preparing new tortures for us even now. We’ll have to be prepared next week when his temporary membership begins…

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Richard Bonomo said...

Bomono-less?

I smile, because I hope to make sure you both have the "burn" that you are missing… ;-)

Famous Hat said...

I googled Bomono and it appears to be some sort of site with classified ads, so indeed we will have a Bomono-less workout even after you join our health club.