Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Passing on the Torture



Saturday afternoon Richard Bonomo accompanied Luxuli and me to the health club for yet another torture session. We did the usual weights, and Luxuli complained for me. Rich says my complaining is “ceremonial,” since I still always do what he tells me to at the healthclub. I noted that Luxuli had taken over my role as complainer and said I was outsourcing. On the other hand, she also kept saying how good she felt, and how our workout was the best one ever, so she’s a lot more positive than I am with my ceremonial griping. We didn’t have enough time before dinner to do any aerobics, so it was just weights, which, believe me, was enough.

Then last night I went to the health club with Hardingfele, and we did Rich’s routine instead of our usual twenty minutes on the elliptical trainer and then some wimpy weights. I told her how Rich says to lift as much as you can instead of just some weight you can easily lift, and she was amazed at how much more weight I could lift than she could. Maybe all my torture sessions have been paying off. I felt so funny to be playing the part of personal trainer, telling her how to use the machines and how much weight to try. Then again, Rich always says he is an unlikely personal trainer, since he was an uncoordinated kid. Well, so was I. The beauty of getting fit is you don’t need to have any coordination whatsoever, unless you want to play racquetball. Then Hardingfele and I went on the bikes, and she noted that I biked over a mile further than she did using the same program (“variable hills” or something). Maybe if I can find the time to torture myself three times a week, I could get very fit by my wedding. Rich can’t go anymore, though, because the health club only allows a guest to come three times in a calendar year. Now we just have to convince him to officially join our club… 

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I am still in pain, 4 days later

Famous Hat said...

That must mean we need to do this more often, so you become acclimated to it.