Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Invitation Adventures


Sunday I did not feel very well, but I dragged myself to Richard Bonomo's house to print up wedding invitations and response cards while he and Kathbert made an angel food cake for Mr. Luxuli's birthday. Monday night I went back to Rich's house, and we printed a bunch of maps and instructions on how to get to various wedding-related sites. The maps are in color, and his color printer is slow, so we set it to print draft quality for a few maps, but they were terrible. If you get one of these maps in your invitation, I apologize, but it seemed smarter to send them to locals who don’t really need them. Even the maps we printed with better quality varied a lot; some were beautiful, and some were low on red, although every time we ran a diagnostic on the printer, it said it had plenty of red and would spit out a beautiful test page. So if your map seems a little low on red tones, well, I can’t explain it, but there it is. It was a late night, so I was hoping to get to bed at a more reasonable hour last night.

As we often do on Tuesdays, Light Bright and I planned to get together and do wedding-related stuff, this time stuffing the envelopes so I could finally mail off my invitations. (It won’t be much of a wedding if I never get around to inviting anyone!) However, yesterday she sent me a text: her band had an emergency recording session, so she wouldn’t be able to meet with me. I sent out desperate messages to Kathbert, Luxuli, and Jilly Moose: pizza in exchange for help stuffing envelopes! Kathbert and Jilly Moose showed up and helped me label, stamp, and stuff envelopes, and we didn’t get done till well after 10, so it was another late night. Thanks for all your help, ladies! I couldn’t have done it without you! Then I finally put the invitations in the mail, so you should be getting one soon.

For Lent I was going to give up sleeping in, and Rich, Luxuli, and I were going to work out at 6 am today, but I begged for an extension so I could get a little sleep last night. Tomorrow is another story, and I’ll have to be up at 5:30 for a very early morning torture session, just to add to the tortuousness. (Apparently that is a word, because Spell Check has no problem with it.) So farewell, sweet sleep, and maybe we’ll get together again after Lent is over. This is what happens when everyone has such a busy schedule; exercise gets pushed into the wee morning hours. Sigh… 

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

And me being cheap, I was trying to figure out how to steam off the stamp, since you live a few blocks away and I see you often enough in person. I gave up and mailed it in

Famous Hat said...

Good, because I collect stamps so I enjoy getting the canceled ones in the mail.