Monday, March 24, 2014

Toddler's Birthday Party


The other night Richard Bonomo, Kathbert, and I were on the Think Geek website, looking for my formerly favorite T-shirt, the one that says: “There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary systems and those who don’t.” Suddenly, we came across my new favorite T-shirt: “There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.” Must have. Another good one: “Non-flammable? Challenge accepted.”

Saturday was a wonderful day. Light Bright and I met for coffee at 9:15, which didn’t feel so early now that I’m getting up at 5:30 on weekdays, then we went to the bridal store because they had found my dress in a smaller size. This means they won’t have to take it in. They even said they would wait to do the final fitting for an entire month, in case I lose pounds and/or inches on the Richard Bonomo Fitness Plan. Then Travalon came to town, and we walked all over campus in the sunshine. What a beautiful day! OK, so it was kind of cold, but the sunshine was fantastic. 

In the late afternoon B-Boy and Mo-Girl had a birthday party for their two-year-old daughter. Our end of the table was adults, so we had good conversation; the children were at the other end of the table, having a great time at Ella’s Deli. I haven’t eaten so much sugar at one time in years! The decorations were brightly colored balloons and candy, and I had a hat that said “Princess” on it. Travalon’s said “Happy Birthday.” The other B-Boy, Cecil Markovitch, my OTHER choir director, Richard Bonomo, and Kathbert were among the many guests. The birthday girl got all kinds of adorable gifts, including a little toy dog she can walk, chosen by Travalon, a dippy bird from Uncle Rich, and wind chimes from Aunt Kathbert. 

Then, to make the wonderful day complete, the Badgers won in men’s basketball, so they are in the Sweet Sixteen. Rich said he filled out a bracket using a random generation program, and he’s already out. He thought about submitting his to the contest in which the winner gets a billion dollars, but he said you had to sign up for all sorts of email updates for products he didn’t want. Still, a billion dollars? For that I could delete a few annoying emails. So why didn’t I enter? Hadn’t heard about it in time. March Madness is only vaguely on my radar as something Travalon and Prairie Man care about a great deal.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

We have brackets at work and for a reference we even displayed Obama's bracket, so that we can compare.

Famous Hat said...

I heard Obama was out in the first round.