Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Now I Knows


This morning I got up and worked out alone, then Richard Bonomo arrived after his hour of adoration, and I went home to shower and change. We had breakfast at Jerkins, and he said he couldn’t wait to see my blog post about this morning, and if I would say my arms are going to fall off. Sadly, no – I thought I’d pushed myself, but currently my arms do not feel as if they are in any danger of detaching from my body, so that impression must be wrong. They are a little sore, so it’s not as if I did nothing, but they don’t hurt like after a workout with Rich. He said Hardingfele came to work out while he was there, and he offered to spot her while she did free weights, but she said maybe some other time. She doesn’t know if she’ll go tomorrow due to weather, but I can’t imagine Richard Bonomo letting a little thing like a snowstorm stop us from going to the gym.

Today several people posted a video on MySpace of a guy doing impressive acrobatic tricks with a hula hoop. The description was in a foreign language that does not use the Roman alphabet, maybe Vietnamese? MyFace helpfully offered to translate: “Still, it's a peaceful mind creates a fascinating and drug check, people see. If not, still shows very difficult artist, because you see real, clear training. (Translated by Bing)” Not sure I’d brag about that translation, if I were Bing. MyFace always offers to translate, like when people write “ciao!” on their wall, but I have never taken it up on this offer before. I think I have enough of a handle on “ciao,” thanks. But of course when I need a real translation, look at what it gives me. Thanks, MyFace and Bing. Now I TOTALLY know what this video is about. For some reason, Grammar Check wants to change that sentence to: “Now I TOTALLY knows what this video is about.” Grammar Check must have been created by Bing too.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Famous Hat said...

According to Google Translate, the language is Thai, and this is what it means: "I still have to create mental peace. Luke amazing to see tomorrow. If it still shows extremely difficult. I saw a real need to train your mind to clear." Which is no more intelligible than Bing's translation yet completely dissimilar.