Friday, January 23, 2015

Mamastep's Birthday Party


Wednesday night Travalon and I went swimming for the first time in ages. It felt so wonderful! I have mostly been getting my exercise by dancing around to my iPod in the loft, and I’m not sure which actually burns more calories. We agreed we have to get to the health club more often; after all, we are paying for membership there. Plus, there are weights at the health club. I have a couple of ten-pound free weights at the condo and do use them now and then, but it would be preferable to get back into a weightlifting routine. Richard Bonomo still goes regularly, but he goes at 6:00 am, and it’s not Lent right now, so I’m not going to mortify myself like that.

Yesterday we had a guy interviewing to be the top dog at work, and we were all encouraged to go to his presentation on campus. My coworkers said they were going to walk over, since it was such a nice day. I left a bit early, since I walk so slowly, and still got there a few minutes into the presentation. Of course my coworkers were all there on time, and I thought, “Man, they must be a lot faster than I am! And why didn’t I see them pass me?” Later I found out it was because they all drove over. Oh well, I needed the exercise.

Last night was Mamastep’s birthday party, at the Nitty Gritty as always. Travalon and I sat at opposite ends of the table so we could mingle more, and I happened to be next to a woman who had twins at the age of 51. Wow, does that ever give me hope! As it turned out, both my end of the table and Travalon’s end talked about travel, since we all love to do it. The woman next to me had also been to Ireland, and she said it was her favorite place apart from Iceland, which she loved because it was so wild and weird. Tiffy has been to Iceland, and what I remember her saying about it is that they ate puffins, and the sun was still shining at 3 am. I’m more of a tropics kind of girl – not that I’d turn up my nose at a chance to visit Iceland, but I’m so looking forward to our trip to Hawaii in March. Travalon’s old college buddy is getting married there, and we are going to spend almost two weeks there. Yay!

Famous Hat

No comments: