Thursday, January 15, 2015

Two ADD People Planning a Meeting


Regarding my previous post, Tuesday night Richard Bonomo came over to take a look at my plant shelving. He used a phonebook and a hammer to bang the shelves into place tightly enough to quit wobbling, which belied the box the shelving came in that stated “No tools necessary!” Then he tried to put together the second set of shelves, but they were defective, so yesterday Travalon returned them to Menard’s and got a new set. We have yet to look at this new set of shelves to see if they are defective or if they will work as long as we bang them into place with the hammer and now quite battered phonebook. Why did we not look at them? Because instead of doing that, or something equally useful like preparing our long-delayed Christmas cards, we were dancing around to the Soul Train DVDs again. At least it’s exercise, so it isn’t a complete waste of time. Tonight we are going to hear a Hungarian folk group with Cecil Markovitch, so once again the cards will not be mailed and the shelving will not be put together. Now you can see why I didn’t blog yesterday – I don’t have that much to say this week. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try to come up with another poem.

The only funny thing that happened in the last few days is when Rich and I were planning to get together on Tuesday night so I could print out my Christmas card labels (the file is on his computer): I originally said I could be at his house around 7:30, after Irish class, and he later emailed that he would be home around 5:15. I was so busy that I didn’t think anything more about it, but then he was frantically looking for me when I hadn’t shown up by 6:30, calling Travalon, Luxuli, and even Handy Woman. He called my cell phone too, of course, but I wasn’t about to answer it in the middle of class. Apparently he had skipped right over the part in my email where I’d told him what time I would be free, and it hadn’t occurred to me that he would be expecting me around 5:15. Once I got ahold of him, he said, “This is what happens when two people with ADD try to plan something.” True that.

Famous Hat

No comments: