Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Crinkly Egg


Yesterday a coworker sold me a dozen eggs from a friend of hers who raises chickens. When I opened them, one of the eggs was all crinkly. I took a picture of it and will try to post it soon. I used most of the eggs to make three-egg Cajun omelets for Travalon, Richard Bonomo, and myself, so now there are only three left, including the crinkly one. I am going to try to preserve it somehow, perhaps blowing the inside out to preserve the shell, but my coworker tells me the crinkly ones are even more fragile than regular smooth eggs, so this may be an exercise in futility.

The reason Rich came over is to help us with our boat. It has a new motor, and Travalon got it to run from where he put in to our dock, but he took it off during a bad rainstorm and now it doesn’t want to start. Rich was unable to get it to start either, but he saw no need for panic. He thinks either the engine is flooded and time will fix it, or the sparkplugs got dirty while the motor was sitting on its side in our garage, in which case they just need to be cleaned. Either way, we will hopefully get to take the boat out soon. In any case, I have been in the boat, because we spent an hour sitting in it, trying to figure out what was up with the motor. So I can’t say I haven’t been on the water this season! 

Famous Hat

No comments: