Monday, June 8, 2015

Outdoor Theater


What a beautiful weekend. Friday Travalon and I had a quiet dinner at home, but then we decided to go to the East Side Club for a quick drink. We ended up sitting down by the lake and watching some distant fireworks, then we went to get frozen custard, and I saw a coworker there. Busted! They all know I’m trying to lose weight…

Saturday Tiffy came to visit, and she, Travalon, and I went to the Keg for lunch, sitting out on the patio overlooking the countryside. We went for a walk around Indian Lake, then Travalon took Rodney and went to the Union Terrace while Tiffy and I met Richard Bonomo, Kathbert, Cecil Markovitch, the Single B-Boy, the Dairyman’s Daughter, and her sister at American Players Theater for the season-opening potluck. Luxuli and Prairie Man came to the play, which was Merry Wives of Windsor – hilarious! And we couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful night to watch Shakespeare outside.

Yesterday after Mass quite a few people went to brunch. It was supposed to rain, so the Corpus Christi Eucharistic procession was canceled, but it was actually beautiful outside, so Tiffy and I sat on my dock and enjoyed the weather as we talked about some survivalist TV show she watches. If they threw me out to survive in the woods, I’m not sure how long I’d last, but I do have my slow metabolism working for me. After she left and Travalon returned from the baseball game he’d been watching, he and I took Rodney for a walk on Governor’s Island. It is not technically an island but a peninsula, and it has gorgeous views of the campus and the Capitol building. Rich offered to fix the broken light in my old condo, so we met him over there, and then we went to dinner at Cocina Real and offered to buy him dinner to thank him. He just got a glass of horchata, saying he had food at home. Now we just need to fix the bathroom fan in the old condo… It had attracted some interest initially, but the showings have slowed down, so my realtor says we may have to lower the price. Hopefully I can make a little money when it finally sells!

Famous Hat

No comments: