Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mallards Game


Travalon was a very handy guy yesterday. He has a small fishing boat, and something was up with the new motor, but he figured it out. Then our floor fan conked out, so we bought a new one, and he put it together. He is an A+ husband! I can’t wait until we get a chance to take the little boat out on the river because we will be able to explore much further than we did in the canoe. I’d like to canoe too, but we are so busy the next couple of weeks. This weekend my band has a gig two hours away, so we are staying overnight, and next weekend we’re going to Minnesota for my nephew’s high school graduation. Maybe some weeknight we’ll have time to get out on the water…

Last night Travalon and I went to a Mallards game. They had been undefeated at the start of the season, but now they are in third place in the league, and last night might have dropped them down further, when they lost to the Green Bay Bullfrogs. They had very poor defensive playing and questionable pitching, in my opinion, though I do not profess to be an expert in baseball. All I know is they were walking guys left and right and letting guys get on base. For a while the score was 4-0, but finally they got a couple of runs and lost by three. You just never know what you are going to get with the Mallards from year to year because the players change every season. They are college baseball players who do this during the summer.

Here is another picture from Catzooks. It needs no explanation.


Famous Hat

No comments: