Monday, January 16, 2017

Cigar Bar and Chartreuse Flight


I hope that my readers had a good weekend. I had an excellent one. It started when Travalon and I went to the East Side Club for their fish fry on Friday, and we got $10 off our bill for my birthday. Then we went to a cigar bar called Drackenburg's and enjoyed a cigar. I wanted the smallest one, but it was by no means the cheapest one, which probably means it was pretty high quality. It sure was a wonderful cigar!

Saturday Travalon and I met Rich, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap for coffee, then the ladies and I checked out a sale at the fair trade shop, prayed the rosary, and had lunch at Himal Chuli while Travalon checked out the newly reopened Union. Tiffy joined us for lunch, then she, Jilly Moose, and I went to Fired Up pottery and did more fused glass. I made a soap dish that I love and an ornament that is okay, but maybe it will be better after it is fired. In the evening Travalon went to a high school basketball game while Tiffy, Rich, and I went to L'Etoile for my birthday. I had been there for my anniversary last May and had raved about it, so Tiffy took me to dinner there so she could try it. They even had a flight of chartreuse, so I splurged and bought myself that. I let Rich and Tiffy try it, and they didn't hate it, which is something. Rich always says green chartreuse is the most vile stuff he's ever tasted. Dinner was amazing, and they put a candle on my dessert for my birthday. It was so wonderful!

Sunday after Mass Travalon and I went to Plaka for their Greek take on brunch, then we drove to Prairie du Sac and saw lots of eagles: two sitting in the tree on the island where they like to hang out, one in a tree across the river from the VFW park, and several flying around by the dam. We took Rodney for a short walk by the river, then we watched the first half of the Packer game at home. First the Packers were dominating the Cowboys, but then they got sloppy and let them catch up. We went to the Parched Eagle to watch the second half, hoping to find some other fans there, but everyone had just left and only the bartender was there. In the end the Packers had to kick a field goal as time was running out, but the Cowboys called a time out just as Mason Crosby kicked a good one, so he had to do it again. This time it looked like he had kicked it too far to the left, but in midair it suddenly turned and went through the goalposts, and the Packers move on in the playoffs! After the game Travalon and I walked over to Mariner's, which was very quiet that night so the waitstaff treated us like royalty even though all I ordered was a plate of asparagus. Travalon had his favorite hot chocolate drink with Rumchata. It was a lovely ending to a wonderful weekend.

Today I actually had the day off of work, so Rich and I met for coffee, then we went to my adoration hour, and then we walked up to the Capital for the Martin Luther King tribute. I cried through a lot of it, especially when the bagpipes came out and then they played "Taps" on the bugle... and then I found out I was shown on TV! How embarrassing! Although Mamastep informs me that at the time they captured me on camera, I was happy and singing along with the gospel singers. Then Rich and I worked out at the downtown gym where we have reciprocity with our regular gym, and we had power shakes there for lunch. After that we went to Mass, and hardly anyone was there, probably because of the strange weather. The sidewalk was so icy that all that walking around downtown was quite treacherous! Hopefully tomorrow the weather is a little better...

Famous Hat

No comments: