Thursday, January 19, 2017

Online Party (I Am a Winner!!)


Yesterday I was invited to an online party, so I chatted for an hour with a bunch of people I don’t know. The topic of the party was avoiding “adultitis,” so people posted questions like, “What is the silliest thing you have done lately?” and “What do you sing to make yourself happy?” I posted a picture of my little snowman and got some interesting suggestions for naming him, like Summer and Saki (get it? “Sock-y”?), and several people suggested Pilly because he looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy. How about Frost-toe the Snowman? Tiffy and Kathbert both thought of Sockitume, and Ma Hat suggested Toby, which is cute and has that added pun dimension for a sock snowman of Toe-by. So then I thought maybe Tobit, or possibly Benji, because he is full of rice and Uncle Ben’s is a famous brand of rice. Kathbert suggested a Lutheran hymn writer named Hans Sachs (pronounced Socks), but she also suggested combining Toby and Benji into Benito, which is kind of cute. Anyway, the snowman still does not have a name, but during the online party I entered a contest, which was to comment on the organizer’s question: “What are you optimistic about?” Other people said 2017 or their new job, things like that, but I just said, “Everything!” and I guess the organizer liked my attitude, because I won a T-shirt!! It has a picture of a cartoon bee on it and says: “Bee optimistic.” I am optimistic that it will arrive in the mail soon, and then I will take a selfie while wearing it and post it on this blog. Yay! What a fun online party!

Famous Hat

No comments: