Friday, June 14, 2019

Bad Catholics



Last night while Travalon and I were out on our dock, we saw a young duck (or goose) swimming around by itself. It was not a tiny baby, but it was still fuzzy, and I felt so bad for it. Where was the rest of its family? Waterfowl are usually so protective of their offspring. This bird looked big enough to survive on its own, but I wondered if it was scared and lonely. It just seemed so sad.

As I have said before, I am a Bad Catholic, with my interest in astrology, penchant for hip hop music full of naughty words, and belief in reincarnation that I can’t seem to shake. Lately, however, I don’t feel so guilty about it. It seems like there are a number of people who think they are The Very Best Catholics who, for example, don’t see any problem with putting immigrant children in cages. This seems to go directly against the preaching of Jesus, like when he tells a story about the goats and they say, “When did we see you a stranger and not welcome you?” As someone online wondered, “How many of these children are named Jesus?” and others responded, “All of them!” I am afraid of being a goat myself (as I am a Capricorn), but Jesus didn’t actually have any statements on bad music or even reincarnation. However, he really hammered on how we are supposed to treat those who are at our mercy because of poverty, handicaps, or maybe just being an immigrant child separated from her parents. So really, who isn’t a Bad Catholic when the Very Best Catholics actually seem to be worst of all?

Famous Hat


No comments: