Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Cute Stuff: Trees, Cranes, and Mindfulness Room


The tulip tree in the Botany garden is in full bloom, but the flowers are far up in the tree so I will have to bring my good camera to get a decent photo of them. The other two tulip trees don't seem to have any blossoms, but apparently they have to be fifteen years old to bloom, and they grow very quickly so a tulip tree that is only eight years old can be very tall. Anyway, until I get a picture of the tulip tree flowering, you can enjoy this blooming horse chestnut tree in the Botany garden.


I saw this little tree in a truck on campus with nobody around, so someone could have walked off with it. When I got back, five men were planting it. Five men to plant one little tree! It is so cute. I believe it is a larch, which seems like an ugly word for such a pretty little tree. Another name for it is a tamarack.


This is an even cuter baby tree I saw at the plant store. I was tempted to buy it and plant it in Rich's yard, but I haven't yet. Who knows if it is even still there?


We saw this cute figurine outside of St. Vinny's. It appears to be a knitted form over a post.


My little stress squeeze guy has the same eyes! And I love how he seems to be leaning at exactly the same angle as my model sailboat!


This is the sunset we saw from the Union Terrace.


What is growing out of the side of my pickle cactus? It appears to be a completely different sort of cactus! Stay tuned... As Travalon said, "Same hat time, same hat channel!"


Where Travalon works, there is a "mindfulness room," which is apparently a place kids go to if they are upset. It has this stuffed unicorn in it, and some bean bag chairs, and a giant teddy bear one of the kids dubbed "Mr. Fat." I think we adults could use a mindfulness room too!



Here is a maybe not very good shot of one of our neighbors with one of the kids. There were two baby cranes, but now there seems to be just one. Nature is harsh.


And where was the other crane? Answer: pecking at Travalon's car! Thanks to Richard Bonomo for this video.


Famous Hat


No comments: