Saturday, June 29, 2019

Big Chair and Crazy Glasses


I had a gig this morning, and it was very hot, so we have spent the rest of the day inside. I am currently sitting under our ceiling fan and blogging. I meant to put some recent pictures on the blog yesterday but got too busy, so here they are today. First are photos of myself and Travalon in the Big Chair on the Union Terrace. I look like a little kid sitting in it, but it actually looks just the right size for him!



Travalon caught a paddlefish! Just kidding - this is from the Limnology Open House.


This is a selfie I took to show how funky I was looking for the George Clinton concert. Tiffy said you should NEVER take selfies from below. This is the best of a number of terrible selfies I took before the concert.


And this is the one I took trying to follow Tiffy's instructions. These are the glasses that are supposed to prevent car sickness, but according to 23 and Me, I possess a gene that makes me less prone than average to motion sickness. This does seem to be true, so I could not say if these glasses work. I just think they look hilarious. Maybe perfect for the George Clinton concert!


This is the new air plant I bought at the Farmers' Market with my gig money.


And this is the black calla lily Handy Woman gave me.


Here are a few shots of the Allen Centennial Gardens on campus. I was too shocked by the bald cardinal to take a picture of him, and I haven't seen him since then.



This is the "psychedelic" Maynard the Mallard shirt I got at the ballgame. It's so big on me that it kind of makes me look like a glass of blue curaƧao with a neon garnish.


And this is my pink-flowering strawberry. Isn't it pretty? And the berries are tasty!


Here are a couple of short videos from the George Clinton concert. This first one is Fishbone, so you can see how funky they are.


This is George Clinton (in white) coming out with his young band members.

Famous Hat

No comments: