Friday, June 21, 2019

Make Music Madison 2019



Yesterday Travalon and I met some of my Union buddies down at the Terrace, where one of them took a picture of me sitting in the big chair. Then I took a picture of Travalon sitting in the big chair, but it doesn’t look so huge while he is sitting in it. There was a bluegrass band playing (they played several songs our band plays), and lots of sailboats were out, some with quite impressive spinnakers. Travalon and I stayed there for a long time, just enjoying the lovely evening.

Today my band had a gig at Make Music Madison. We played outside of a library on the west side, and we had quite a crowd to listen to us. They even tipped us pretty well. Hardingfele was pestering people to get back to her via email about another gig, and I replied to all that I didn’t want to do it without realizing that she had included the gig organizer on her email list. Why would the organizer want to read a hundred emails as we figure out what date works for us? I said this gig is too far away, there is never any audience, and they once screwed us over. (All true.) Of course I didn’t mean to send it to the gig organizer, but I didn’t really care if she saw it. Then Hardingfele sent a nastygram to the rest of the band about me, and one of them replied all and copied me. So there you go – people shouldn’t say things in emails that they don’t want to get back to other people. Me, I don’t care if this gig organizer sees what I had to say, because I meant it. I’d say it to her face too. But Hardingfele was embarrassed that I saw her email about me, which really doesn’t change how I view her since she has been like that the whole time I have known her. But what band doesn’t have backstabbing and infighting? Look at how the Beatles dumped Pete Best. (That reference is for you, Travalon!) It just means we’re a real band too.

Famous Hat


No comments: