Thursday, October 24, 2019

Photos of China Lights and Six Mile Creek


Yesterday I was at a wellness seminar most of the day. I wanted to take a class on Gratitude Painting, but apparently so did everyone else, and it was full by the time my buddy and I got to the room. We went to a class on food as medicine instead, which was very interesting. Golden milk was not mentioned explicitly, but the presenter did say turmeric should be taken with black pepper and a source of fat, which is basically the recipe for golden milk. Another class we took was on using improv skills in our work life, because "yes, and" keeps conversations going. First we practiced saying "No, but" and I had to convince a partner that we should do something. I said we should go paddle boating, and she said, "No, but it's cold." I said we could wear coats, and she said, "No, but the paddle boat place is closed for the season," so I said, "We could buy a paddle boat!" and she just lost it. "I did not expect you to say that!" she laughed.

In the evening I went to the Labor Temple for a class on becoming a Union steward, but the bus got me there early so I prayed a rosary while sitting by a dracaena and a neantha bella palm. They were much happier than my own dracaenas and neantha bella palm, and I wondered why. That made me wonder if plants are actually the most evolved souls, and in the afterlife they will judge us. I know this is not a Biblically supported idea, but it is an interesting idea: will I be judged on the plants I have killed over the years? Or will plants judge me kindly because I have always been aware of them?

Here are some recent photos. This is the "before" and "after" shots of my sunshine bowl, and Tiffy's spoon rest, that we made at Fired Up.




These are some photos from China Lights in Milwaukee.











One of my cacti is blooming, and my pickle cactus now has two arms sticking off of it.


Here are some photos from our trip back into Six Mile Creek, including the rainbow we saw.






And this is just a really pretty young tree on campus.


I can't find the drone photos that uploaded from my phone, but when I do, I will post them.

Famous Hat

No comments: