Thursday, October 3, 2019

Why There's a Crack in the Ceiling



Last night Travalon and I had some chocolate pasta we had gotten in Galena. It’s as delicious as it sounds! For the first time in months I bought vegetables at the co-op, since until now my garden has produced enough for us to have at every meal we cooked. However, the kale plants are slowing down now, and it was really wet yesterday, so I decided to just buy kale at the co-op. Travalon says he prefers kale to broccoli, so I found some, which was quite different than either of my kale plants. I have one with plain green leaves, and one with ruffly purple leaves, but this one had kind of wavy dark green leaves. It tasted a little different too, but I put cheese on it and Travalon liked it just fine.

This morning I called again about the crack in my office ceiling right above my head, since it was still there when I got into work. They were really busy with flood damage on campus, since there was so much rain in the last couple of days, but a guy did show up soon after that. He looked at the crack from the back end by lifting another panel, and he said it was scored for some reason, probably when they were cutting panels for smaller areas and they used it for a cutting board. The panel probably would have cracked eventually, and right now they are doing a lot of construction on our floor, so the vibrations might have caused the panel to finally crack where it had been scored. This explanation made sense, so I was no longer scared that something was about to fall on my head, and I was able to go back to working at my computer with a normal posture. Eventually they will fix the cracked panel, but it won’t fall down. Honestly, I might not have noticed the crack if I hadn’t heard it happen. Say it had happened during my lunch break and not right after I got back – I might have noticed the weird coffee ground stuff on the floor, and maybe that would have caused me to look up and notice the crack, but it wouldn’t have scared me as much as it did when I heard the loud sound of it cracking. Anyway, there is no need for panic now that I understand why it happened.

Famous Hat


No comments: