Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Starship Robot



Yesterday as I was taking my rosary walk at lunchtime, I saw a strange vehicle that looked like a shiny white cooler on wheels, with an orange flag over it. It was across the street from me, and then it turned and went a different direction, so I continued on to my usual path. Today at lunch I was just walking (since I pray the rosary during my adoration hour on Tuesdays), so when the vehicle appeared in my path again, I followed it. It seemed like a remote control toy, but I could not see any obvious person who was controlling it. It stopped, and I saw there was a sign on it that said, “Open Here.” And then what? Was there candy? Was there a bomb? I wasn’t brave enough to find out. I also noticed that it was called “Starship” and that Starship was hiring. I kept walking, and it followed me like a little dog, but when I stopped and turned around, it stopped, seemed to think a moment, and went around me. I took a picture of it and sent it to Rich, who knew all about Starship robots. He sent me a link to their homepage, so I saw they were hiring a robot technician here in town, and Kathbert used to be a robot technician, so I sent the link to her. Then later I had to run an errand on campus, and the Starship robot was hanging around my building again. It is supposed to be a delivery system, so maybe it’s useful on campus, but I have a feeling they are mostly just advertising to find that robot technician. Though why they would have it hang around the language building instead of the engineering campus is beyond me.

Famous Hat

No comments: