Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Ominous Crack in the Ceiling


A very weird thing happened to me at work today. I had just returned from my lunchtime rosary walk and was putting something back into a file cabinet when I heard a cracking sound coming from the ceiling. I looked up, and there was a crack in the ceiling right above where I would have been sitting in front of my computer a few moments later. On the ground was a bunch of stuff that looked like coffee grounds, but had I been sitting at my computer, it might have been on me! I was really weirded out by this and told a coworker, who fetched our boss, and they both looked at the ceiling too. I asked if it was safe for me to sit under a crack like that, and my boss shrugged. So then I texted Richard Bonomo, who recommended not sitting beneath the crack. He sent me the number for the facilities people, so I called them, and they sounded properly concerned. "We'll send someone right out to look at that!" they said, but hours later when I left work for the day, nobody had come to look at the crack in my ceiling yet. I spent the whole afternoon working on my computer sort of sideways, which was a real pain. Hopefully by tomorrow this issue will be resolved, because I do not want to work sideways for a whole day, nor do I want to sit right under an ominous crack in the ceiling. Too bad I don't have a third option, like working from home or just quitting my job and sailing around the world. Sigh.

Famous Hat

No comments: