Monday, June 1, 2020

First Boat Ride of 2020


This evening was a wonderful one because the weather was perfect, and Travalon and I took our first boat ride of the year. We went back into the marsh, and I prayed my boat rosary, which is totally waterproof and cost $1 - it's made of rainbow rubber. I was hoping to see the great blue heron that is often standing in the marsh grass, but we didn't see it. (I forgot to mention that we kept seeing herons fly overhead at Patrick Marsh.) Then I noticed two birds flying overhead and saw it was two great blue herons! I never see them together like that - they always seem to be hermit birds.

Here is Captain Travalon at the helm!


As we headed toward home, we saw three goose families hanging out together. Then further down the river we saw three more goose families hanging out together.


These are my Scottish rosaries. The one I ordered is on the left, and the bonus wooden one is on the right.


The early spring flowers in our neighborhood are being replaced by summer flowers. I love this clematis.


And I also love this pink azalea. There is an orange azalea that looks like sherbet that we pass on the way downtown, but there isn't a good spot to stop and take a picture of it.


My neighbor took this picture of the same azalea on one of our walks today. If you look closely, you can see the tiger swallowtail on it. I tried to take a picture too, but the butterfly flew away.


These aren't flowers, but on the same walk we saw what looks like twenty turtles on this log. There are always some turtles on it on sunny days, but we had never seen so many at once. My neighbor took this picture too. This was right after we did some kite flying.


Most of all, what is blooming right now in our neighborhood are irises.








And of course the phalaenopsis orchid on our porch. Now it has six blooms.


Hopefully there will be many more boat rides and blossoms this summer.

Famous Hat


No comments: