Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Random Photos from Our Neighborhood


I don't have much to say after our wonderful vacation, but I do have some pictures from beforehand that I never posted, along with some new ones. First is Captain Travalon with our boat on its lift. The big pontoon behind him belongs to our neighbors. We have never been on it.


We saw this floating in the water, and a neighbor and I both thought it looked like part of a cactus, which makes no sense in Wisconsin. Finally I realized it is a lotus root! No idea why it's floating.


Here's the other thing I ordered where the postage cost more than the object itself - a stuffed cassowary from Australia! Isn't she cute?


Here are more flowers. I liked these irises because they are two shades of purple.


This appears to be a wild iris. It was growing in the marsh by where the turtles hang out.


I loved these two colors of irises, especially together. They aren't actually in our immediate neighborhood but just down the road, at the community garden where I have a plot. I was surprised to see them, since I thought we weren't allowed to grow perennial flowers in our plots.


And now, some peonies in various shades of pink.







Now the orchid on our porch has seven blossoms and only one that is still a bud. I will post a picture once all eight blooms are open.


And now for some rosary pictures. First, my boating rosary. It's rubber, so it's totally waterproof, and it cost a dollar, so if I lose it, not really a big deal. I have prayed the rosary on our boat. Why not? It's like praying it in the car.


And these are the rosaries I bought at the antiques store in Eagle River.


From the left is a cheap glow-in-the-dark one I had to clean because it was all sticky, a cheap one with tiny beads, the Murano glass one that had to be cleaned AND fixed, a mystery chaplet that had to be fixed and turns out to be yet another Seven Sorrows of Mary chaplet, and a black glass rosary. I prayed that last one on our long drive home after leaving Council Grounds State Park, and then today at Adoration I prayed with the beautiful Murano glass one. I was just surprised to get to go hunting for antique rosaries on our trip! The antiques shop owner threw in a crucifix, and today at Adoration I had an idea for it - I will try to make a rosary that glows under a black light! I have four glow-in-the-dark rosaries, but I've never heard of one that glows in black light, and a quick Google search has convinced me that nobody else has either. So mine would be one of a kind!

Famous Hat


No comments: