Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Another Sick Day

 

This morning I begged to work from home, since I was still feeling sort of queasy. My boss said fine, and let her know if I was feeling worse. We had an online meeting at nine, and she and my coworkers all said I looked awful and should take the rest of the day off. I didn't need to be told twice, since it was a gorgeous day, so I look lots of restorative walks. It got up to 40 F at one point! Travalon was told he has to work from home for five days, and he had to take a COVID test, so I went with him and got one too. He has had to take one whenever someone he works with tests positive, so he was the expert and walked me through it. Then we got Greek lemon chicken soup for lunch. We're both feeling much better but still not 100%, and it amazes me how much longer it's taking me to bounce back from a stomach bug than it used to, but I haven't really had one in two decades, so I'm blaming my advanced age. 

Here are some photos from when we went out to the dock around 4:30. This first pre-sunset photo is from my phone, and the others are from Travalon's phone.





This first photo of animal tracks is from my phone, and the others are from Travalon's phone.




Hi! Here I am hanging out with the fake owl on our dock.


He is supposed to scare birds off the dock, and maybe he works, since they don't really hang out on our dock like they do on some docks. Someone just at the mouth of the lake has a fake coyote, and that doesn't work at all, because the dock is always covered with ducks and geese and gulls. Maybe our fake owl is more convincing than their coyote silhouette.


Famous Hat


No comments: