Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Yes, We Know Each Other!

 

Totally apropos to yesterday's post, this morning a woman who looked familiar got on my bus, and she sat right behind me. Then she got off at my stop, and she walked into my building, and she got on the elevator with me. She turned to me and said, "Your name is Famous, isn't it?" I said, "So we do know each other?" and she said we used to work together in the private sector... but that was two decades ago! I asked her name, and as soon as she said it, I remembered that she had organized a choir at our company for Christmas one year. Those of us who showed up were actually pretty good singers; I sang alto, although my natural range is soprano, because I can do harmony, and we had a tenor and a bass who were unreal. They sang in barber shop quartets, and they totally kept us together and in tune. So we strolled around the building singing a cappella Christmas carols in four-part harmony, and people popped their heads out of their cubes and said, "That's you guys singing?!? I thought it was a CD!!" Anyway, my old coworker has been working in her department for about two years, but basically remotely until now, which is why I hadn't run into her until today. How crazy is that??

Here are a couple of photos. First, Travalon sent me this photo of our houseguest.


These are colorful snowmen in front of the building next to mine on campus.


I believe there is a daycare in that building, because I often see children playing around the building, accompanied by some young women, and the children were building the snowmen. The color is probably food coloring, since I remember that Hardingfele's daughter made a blue snowman that way. These are a little more colorful - pink and blue. It almost looks like some sort of deranged gender reveal party for snowpeople.


Famous Hat


No comments: