Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Minor Car Troubles and Even More Minor Taxes

 

Some time ago I had an unfortunate run-in with a snowbank while trying to avoid someone else, and then a couple of weeks ago I started hearing a strange noise from the front of my car. Where I had run into the snowbank, a part of the bumper was hanging down, but not the outer part, some inner part. I propped it back into place, but as soon as I started driving, it got loose again. Then Richard Bonomo tried to tape it up, but it immediately came loose again. Plus, as I was walking to my car after getting off the bus one evening, I heard a puzzling flapping sound... and then realized it was the tape, now loose and flapping in the wind. So today I dropped the car off at our neighborhood car repair shop before work, and the bus stopped right in front of the shop on my way home, so I went to get my car. They had secured the loose piece but were skeptical that it would hold... and sure enough, as I started driving home, I heard that same strange noise again. I guess this will never end until I get a whole new bumper. But I can't complain too much, since Noelle has been a trouble-free car until this episode that was totally not her fault.

This evening the condo association president and I did the taxes for our association. Now I have only done personal taxes, so this was a new thing for me. Our association gets a tiny bit of interest income on our savings account, and none of our income from dues are taxable, nor are our expenses deductible, because they are all used to run the association. So really it was much simpler than doing personal taxes, and we ended up owing the feds $6 and the state $2. All in all, a painless experience.


Famous Hat


No comments: