Saturday, February 19, 2022

Antiquing and Eagle Watching on a Cold Day

 

For some reason, after successfully giving my talk on fiscal responsibility to a bunch of teenage boys, I was in a slightly manic mood, as my readers may have been able to figure out from my last post. Poor Tiffy had to listen to me babble last night, but at least I worked from home so none of my coworkers saw how crazy I was, and I was amazingly productive at work, between hating on equal temperament and obsessing over how I'm the worst zodiac sign. And our tax preparer probably thinks I'm nuts because I was so down on "The Man" suppressing all the poor people.

Today I felt blessedly normal again, except that I forgot to make coffee in the morning. We were sitting around watching cartoons, and I kept thinking we were going to go do something... and then it finally dawned on me that we hadn't been properly caffeinated yet. After coffee we headed out to the Baraboo Antiques Mall, where Travalon got a Jim Morrison bobblehead (sorry, I didn't take a photo) and I found four rosaries. It's hard to see in this photo, but the one on the far left is a beautiful purple.


Then we drove out to Sauk and went to the dam, where we saw lots of mergansers but no eagles. Travalon took photos, but they didn't turn out. Then we went to the VFW Park, and we saw some eagles sitting in the trees across the river. The brown one is younger than four years old.




We went to Fitz's on the Lake for lunch and then took a walk on the trail that goes to Paradise Island, although we didn't go that far because the weather was in single digits. We came back to Madison and walked some more at West Towne Mall, which is livelier than East Towne Mall. Travalon looked for Funko Pops, but he didn't see any he wanted. We checked out the new Jamaican stand at the food court but weren't hungry enough to try it. We'll just have to go back. I was exhausted but still needed to walk another mile, so when we got home, I put my headphones on and walked to music. I could be on my deathbed, but when that beat drops, I have to move. And of course I have to get my Ring of Kerry challenge done in time to get the medal for St. Patrick's Day - that wasn't my original plan, but when I saw that it was a possibility, it became my new goal.


Famous Hat


No comments: