Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Happy Twosday!

 

Today there was an ice storm, so Travalon and I both worked from home and never even left the house. As my regular readers know, I will go outside on the coldest of days just to get some fresh air, so I was going a little stir-crazy, but it was so icy out that our condo association president sent an email to everyone saying just stay in the house. I still got my five miles in from walking around the house, and my Ring of Kerry challenge is almost done. Here my goal was to get done in early March so I'd get my medal in time for St. Patrick's Day, and at this rate I may finish by the end of this week! 

Did everyone stop at 2:22 pm to enjoy the fact that it was 2:22 2/22/22 on a Tuesday (Twosday)? As someone in our Night Prayer group pointed out, it will be even better at 10:22 pm because in military time that will be 22:22 on 2/22/22, so I'll have to pause at that moment. 2:22 this afternoon was just before I went into a very contentious meeting, and maybe the less said about that, the better. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion, and I think someone will end up getting fired, so very stressful. My role was just to ask clarifying questions, so I felt a bit helpless as things spiraled out of control. Yikes!

As my regular readers are no doubt aware, I have always loved mass transit, so it surprised me that lately I hate commuting by bus. In the pre-COVID times, I had to get going much earlier (I've negotiated a later starting time), yet I loved riding the bus into campus every day and seeing things like Castle Place on the right, and further down the road a house made of part of that eponymous castle on the left. Upon further reflection, I realized that ridership is back up to pre-COVID levels, but bus routes haven't increased to accommodate the extra riders, so the bus is so packed that it is downright dangerous. A couple of weeks ago I was hanging onto the straps from the ceiling (since there was no room to sit), and the driver lurched forward so fast that I almost landed in someone's lap. I could have crushed some tiny little undergrad! And who wants that? I don't want to be part of a news story about how my being fat killed a member of America's Future. I can see the headline now: "Overweight Gen Xer Squashes Underweight Gen Zer!" Talk about intergenerational strife! Yikes!


Famous Hat


No comments: