Thursday, June 13, 2024

Latin Band on the Monona Terrace Rooftop

 

Yesterday I worked on campus, and I brought my new "Woke" mug:


I'm not ashamed to be woke. Know who else was, according to evangelicals? Jesus! Apparently a lot of pastors have gotten pushback from people in the congregation who think they're preaching too woke an agenda with this "Turn the other cheek," "Blessed are the meek" stuff. Worse, when the pastors point out that these are the actual words of Christ, the people complaining say, "That stuff's not relevant anymore!" And these are the "Christian" Taliban who want to take over this country - they aren't even Christian anymore! So what exactly will they be imposing on us? The mind boggles... or shudders.

Yesterday I was planning to go to Ladies' Night at Klein's Greenhouse with Jilly Moose and OK Cap, but the traffic was terrible, and then there was a train. I thought the event ended at 6:30 and I'd get there just as it was ending, but Jilly Moose said it went until 7:00. However, the wind really picked up, and the sky darkened, so I just wanted to get home... and then I just sat and didn't move for like an hour. I was so tired! I also forgot about the extremely slow Irish jam last night. Oops!

Today I worked from home, then my monthly meeting was canceled, so after Travalon came home, we went to the Monona Terrace to hear a Latin band. We ate at the rooftop cafe, then we took the chairs they had given us when we checked in, and we found a shady place to sit. There was a salsa dancing lesson beforehand, but we just watched. However, once the band started to play, Travalon did want to dance to a couple of songs. There were all ages and colors of people there, and some very colorful ones.


To our surprise, our downstairs neighbor was there with a bunch of other people. At one point they were comparing their feet. I always seem to run into someone I know on the Monona Terrace rooftop. And why not? It's such a beautiful venue. Here are a couple of pictures of pink clouds in either direction around sunset.



It has been many years that I have been dancing to salsa on the Monona Terrace rooftop, but it never gets old. I remember fondly going with A-Fooze back when I was something closer to young and sexy, because she loved salsa dancing as much as I do, if not more. Travalon doesn't love it, but he'll tolerate it, especially on a gorgeous night like tonight. The weather was perfect. I hope we can dance there for many more years to come.


Famous Hat

No comments: