Tuesday, June 18, 2024

My Bucket List

 

Today was a quiet day of working from home, but in the evening I did join an online meeting of the "secret" club I'm in to discuss what is awesome. I said four-horned sheep and then was called upon to explain this shocking topic. I should have asked to share my screen to show photographic evidence...

I have been lucky enough to cross a lot of things off my bucket list, like seeing a total eclipse and going to the tropics, but of course there are still things I want to do. Here is a non-exhaustive list:

  • Going to Antarctica - not the South Pole, just the coast where all the penguins and seals are
  • Tasting breadfruit - it's supposed to be very popular in Hawaii, yet I never saw any there
  • Riding on a sailboat with the spinnaker up - this shouldn't be so hard living on a lake, yet here we are
  • Experiencing pregnancy - guess I'll have to wait for my next lifetime
  • Doing the Camino - I said I'd do this after paying off my student loans, I just never said how long after
  • Riding in a hot-air balloon - maybe this isn't a good one with my incredible fear of heights?
  • Playing (or singing) in a salsa band - I've played almost every other kind of music but my favorite
  • Going to Tahiti - it's like Hawaii in French!
  • Going to Rio de Janeiro - it's right on the Tropic of Capricorn, which seems perfect for me
  • Seeing a cassowary in the wild, but from a safe distance
  • Going to Mont Saint Michel and getting stuck on it at high tide
  • Taking an around-the-world cruise - a good way to see the world without flying!

I know there are others, but this is what I can think of right now. I'll let my readers know if I accomplish any of these in the next few weeks.

If Pa Hat happens to read this blog post, Happy Father's Day a little late.


Famous Hat


1 comment:

Travalon said...

I thought I'd share my bucket list as well:
* I would like to go back to England and watch my favorite Premiere League Football club The Wolverhampton Wanderers play a league match in their home stadium .
* A visit to the Normandy beaches in France as I'm a big WWII buff.
* A tour of Sony Pictures studios in Culver City,CA. It used to be the original site of MGM studios from 1924-1986. Most of their classic films during the golden age of Hollywood from the 1930's-1950's were shot here, including the Wizard of Oz and Gone With The Wind. MGM fascinates me endlessly, even though the studio has struggled since this great era. There's something about their roaring lion symbol too, even though it scared me and I hated it as a kid. * Speaking of big cats, seeing a Florida Panther in the wild. It could be difficult as they are very elusive but thanks to the Florida Wildlife corridor, they have been moving north from the Everglades, and have even been seen in the Tampa and Ocala areas. * A visit to my grandparents ( mom's side) and dad's home villages of Ludbreg,Croatia and Somozcygil, Hungary. Would probably need to rent a car as they are off the beaten tourist path. A return to my ethnic roots!