Friday, March 9, 2012

The Appraiser's Visit

Yesterday the appraiser came and looked at my condo to decide what it is worth. I have spent the past week cleaning the place up, and it’s a good thing too, because he took lots of pictures. And who needs a mess memorialized forever in digital format? The appraiser looked about twelve, which made me realize I must be very old if people with professional jobs can look like kids to me. He also wanted to see my parking space, and he took a picture of that too, which made me wish I had gone to the car wash. Meanwhile my rabbits were huddled in their cage – it has been so long since I locked them into it that they were very easy to trick. They wanted to come out and promised they would not make a mess, the perfidious little balls of fur. I said sorry, not until Mr. Man is done taking pictures of the place, but I am a woman of my word, so as soon as he was gone, I opened the cage door. They were so shocked that they just sat there for a moment, staring at the wide open door. I don’t know if they were more shocked that I dared to lock them up in the first place or that I actually was going to let them back out. I am happy to report that they did come back out of the cage and don’t seem to have taken any revenge on me… yet. Or at least I haven’t found whatever they might have shredded.

Famous Hat

No comments: