Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jolly Bob: Plant on Wheels

This happened exactly a week ago, but I never blogged about it and have no better ideas for blogging today, so here goes: two weekends ago I noticed that the new growth on my big dracaena Jolly Bob was yellowish with brown spots, so I pointed it out to Richard Bonomo and Kathbert and expressed my concern. Kathbert said Jolly Bob was in much too small a pot; it has grown substantially since I found it sitting on the sidewalk on the way back from the restaurant it is named after several years ago. So last week after Date Night with Jesus, I went to the plant store near Rich’s house, but they had just closed… so I went to Walgreen’s, since they have everything, and sure enough, they had potting soil. They only had small bags, so I had to buy three. I had brought a very large pot from home, as well as a water catcher that has wheels so now Jolly Bob can be rolled around. (Hardingfele found the water catcher by the side of the road and told me about it.) This is not just for fun, but for practical considerations, since Jolly Bob is getting very heavy to have to lift if it needs to be moved. It already looks much happier since moving into its roomier, more mobile new home.

Famous Hat

No comments: