Friday, August 17, 2012

Beat Up by a Sunflower


Yesterday after work my office mate Light Bright and I went to hear some live music on a rooftop overlooking the lake. The musical act was one guy with a keyboard, and he said he took requests, so I asked for “Gin and Juice” by Snoop Dogg (now Snoop Lion). He said he didn’t know it, but he would do Ludacris for us – and he did a great job! I also requested “Loving You” by Minnie Riperton, which he said he couldn’t do, but then he sang part of it anyway. He also began singing In Sync until someone requested something, so Light Bright rushed over and requested Johnny Cash. She and I sat on a bench in the sunlight, but it was a very windy day, and the sunflower behind us kept blowing into me. Luckily I was wearing my Famous Hat, because those sunflower buds are substantial when they knock into your head. The hat was the only thing keeping me from a concussion. Finally I got tired of being knocked around by a sunflower, and it was getting cold up on the rooftop, and the singer took a break, so Light Bright and I left. But we had a good time while we were there.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

You know Johnny Cash would have written a song about being down and out and in prison beaten up by a sunflower

Famous Hat said...

And it would have been awesome, since Johnny Cash is never not cool.