Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rubber Band Around My Wrist


My office mate Light Bright is always getting on my case for my negative thoughts. She said I should wear a rubber band around my wrist and snap it every time I have a bad thought about myself, so I did try that today, and I ended up snapping it a few times. She said, “If it gives you a welt, just think that you’re doing that much damage to your psyche.” Now the problem is: how do I decide what is a negative thought and what is just factual? For example, if I think, “I’m fat,” is that a negative thought? As an objective measure, my Body Mass Index indicates that I am overweight. So if I change my thought from “I’m fat” to “I’m overweight,” do I not have to snap myself? You can see my dilemma.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

So if you have a positive thought "I am buff" and reward yourself with chocolate, then you snap the rubber band for the negative thought "I am fat" as the result of eating the reward for the positive thought

Famous Hat said...

I don't have a positive feedback system in place yet.