Monday, August 13, 2012

State Fair


I hope my readers had a good weekend. I had an excellent one, starting with a free salsa concert on Friday night. Then on Saturday Richard Bonomo and I went to the State Fair, which is expensive from start to finish but definitely worth experiencing at least once. We enjoyed looking at all the crazy chicken and rabbit breeds, the beautiful horses and exotic llamas, and the sleeping pigs. Seriously, I hardly feel guilty eating pork now, those things seem to do nothing but sleep anyway. We also saw some cool plants, including one called a bonfire begonia that I am now coveting. (Like I need another plant, right?) We ate cream puffs and deep-fried bacon but were too full for chocolate-covered bacon or red velvet funnel cakes or any of the other deep fried/chocolate-covered/on a stick food available there. I rode a camel and talked Rich into going on the double Ferris wheel, which he didn’t enjoy. The view was fantastic, though. Then we went to his old roommate’s house for dinner and excellent conversation. Yesterday he and Kathbert fixed my car window so it will roll all the way up now. It was stuck about halfway open for a couple of days. We watched a video online about fixing Honda windows, and he said, “That doesn’t look too hard. I could do that.” And he did!

Famous Hat

No comments: