Friday, August 23, 2013

Terribly Sad Story (For a Stamp Collector, Anyway)

What to do when I have nothing to blog about… At my old job, I had a scanner and could scan random objects and put them on the blog, but alas this luxury is not afforded to me at my current position. I could blog about the tiny frog I saw while walking around a pond yesterday, but what’s there to say except that it was very cute? I could blog about the procession Travalon and I saw Wednesday night on State Street, people calling attention to the problem of self-immolation in Tibet, but that’s a depressing topic. I feel bad for the Tibetan people, who are so suppressed by the Chinese government, but how is setting themselves on fire supposed to help with that? It just reduces the number of Tibetans, which is probably what the Chinese government wants anyway.

So then I thought I could blog about a true, very sad story that happened to me: as many of you know, I collect stamps, and in my current position, I receive a lot of mail with interesting stamps on it. Earlier this week I found the best stamp of all – a Johnny Cash one! I was trying to be careful opening the envelope so as not to damage the image of the Man in Black, but somehow I tore the stamp right in two! My solution? Tape it back together. I’m sure the professional collectors wouldn’t see anything wrong with that…

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

yI had no idea that you collect stamps. I used to and if you come across any cat ones let me know