Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding Colors Revisited

The good news is that the Mallards haven’t been eliminated yet – they actually came from behind to beat the Chinooks last night. Now they have to win tonight or their season will be over.

Last night my former office mate Light Bright and I met for dinner and margaritas at our usual spot. We talked about wedding planning, and I mentioned how people were asking about my wedding colors. It turns out my maternal grandmother wore blue for her wedding, so I thought maybe I could do that and say it was a family tradition. However, it might be hard to find something resembling a wedding dress in light blue, so we decided to go look at dresses. Unfortunately Macy’s has stopped carrying formal gowns in their stores – you can only get them online – so we had nothing to look at, and we didn’t have an appointment at a bridal shop. What we did find is that soft teal and soft coral go really well together, so I am thinking of having those as my wedding colors, pending approval from Travalon. He should have some say in this, after all. Light Bright thought I should celebrate my Celtic heritage, so that gives me more ideas about what to do. I am planning to go to Irish Fest this weekend, so maybe I will find something there. I may take a look at Africa Fest as well…

Famous Hat

No comments: