Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wedding Guest List

Now I am trying to make out a wedding guest list at Travalon’s behest, and it is surprisingly hard. I made a preliminary one and ran it by Richard Bonomo, who caught all sorts of people I had forgotten. Then there are the people I was good friends with years ago but don’t talk to much anymore – shouldn’t they be invited? What about people I thought were friends but who have been acting like they don’t think we are anymore? I guess you don’t have to invite a friend who has “dumped” you, no matter how close you used to be. I only have six first cousins and four uncles, so not a lot of extended family to have to worry about. There are the people I would love to be there who probably won’t make it, because they live so far away, and the coworker I feel I must invite if all the others are invited who will probably come and bring extra people, since she does that at parties when people feel they must invite her.  I suppose any of my readers who have gotten married have gone through the same process. You don’t want to offend anyone, but you can’t invite the whole world. You want people to feel free to bring dates, but how do you politely say, “… and Guest does not mean your sister, your cousin, AND your three friends, none of whom I have ever laid eyes on before”? I suppose they will make up for the people I want to come who can’t for whatever reason. As long as this thing doesn’t get too out of control… If you have a name on my blog, never fear – you are invited!

Famous Hat

No comments: