Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Theater of Dreams

Tiffy and I decided to accompany some of my coworkers to a local theater well known for more cutting-edge productions. We went with some trepidation, wondering how weird “Theater of Dreams” was going to be. To our relief, it turned out to be hilarious. The first part was five short plays based on actual dreams, so a person took an elevator to Hawaii, and a cow turned into a cat and then was eaten by a lizard. My favorite was the guy running from something who sees an old man in a hut, and the old man tells him, “The only thing you’ll remember after waking up is me telling you this is the only thing you’ll remember after waking up.” Then the second half of the evening was a chance for audience members to tell about dreams they had recently had, and people from the troupe and the audience acted the dreams out. One was the classic “I’ve never been to this class – how do I pass the test?” dream, one was a superhero who lost her powers, and one was someone plunked back into a previous job. (I’ve had that one many times since starting my new position.) Not surprisingly, I had weird dreams that night, but nothing entertaining enough to make into a blog post, just something about a rogue airplane flying into Richard Bonomo’s house and waking everyone up.

Famous Hat

No comments: