Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bunny Bath



Can’t remember if I already mentioned this, but Banjo Player (who has given up the banjo to focus on the lute) has a blog now at Elfshot.info. Check out her post today on bizarre ICD-10 codes. You don’t even have to have worked in the medical field to find it hilarious. Hopefully I don’t suffer V96.00XS “unspecified balloon accident injuring occupant, sequela” when and if Travalon and I ever successfully go on that balloon ride…

Last night Hardingfele came over and helped me give Charlie the Rabbit a bath. Now a healthy rabbit does not need a bath, but Charlie is so arthritic that he has trouble grooming his more intimate spots, and so he had gotten a bit messy. Hardingfele brought rubber gloves and corn starch, and we gave poor Charlie a bunny butt bath. He was good-natured about it, but I could tell it wasn’t his favorite activity of all time. Good thing I wore sweat pants, because he did kick some poopy water onto my leg. Hardingfele was not confident about cutting away too much of his matted fur because she wasn’t sure where the fur left off and the skin began. She suggested Charlie may need the services of a professional to help with the fur, and with what appears to be an infection. Poor old rabbit! Watching him grow old has really made me rethink my desire to live to be 105. Now I only want to do it if I can still clean myself.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Well I tried, but a few days that he had left, hopefully he was more comfortable

Famous Hat said...

I just hope the bath didn't contribute to his demise.