Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lambeau Field



Saturday Travalon and I watched part of the Badger game, but we had to leave to go to Mass. It seems that nothing happened while we were at Mass, because the final score was the same as when we had left. I told Travalon that was God doing him a solid because he didn’t miss anything.

The reason we went to Mass on Saturday is because Sunday we had to get going early to get to Green Bay. It was not my first time at Lambeau Field – I was there once for a scrimmage – but this was my first actual game. The temperature was barely in the 20’s but I had numerous layers on and was fine for the first quarter. It was an exciting atmosphere, but the Packers were losing to the Vikings, who are terrible this year, so the mood was a little sour. At halftime we went into the lobby to warm up and stayed there for part of the third quarter. We went out to brave the cold again, and the Pack fought back to tie it up, so the game went into overtime… and stayed there. We were so cold, we were almost ready to see Minnesota score, just to end the game. They played the entire fifth quarter just to end in a tie, so at least I didn’t see the Pack lose during my first game at Lambeau. Of course, I didn’t see them win either.

Then Travalon and I went to a bar from Bottoms Up called JD’s, so we were halfway through the book. There was another stop in Green Bay, Titletown Brewery, so we went there too, and I tried beer with green tea in it. We are more than halfway through the book! Yay! Our pilgrimage continues…

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Travalon said...

Glad you enjoyed your Lambeau Field experience and seeing your first actual Packer game in person. I understand some diehard Packer fans were really pissed off about the game ending in a tie. Why is that? they fought back hard, creating some excitement near the end instead of rolling over and at least didn't lose. They're still ( barely) in the playoff chase at 5-5-1 too. Some people take sports too seriously and personally and need a life !

Hardingfele said...

Right now as I type that, the Bears and the Vikings are playing. Go Bears!

Famous Hat said...

Guess the Bears did not go.