Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinners

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Sorry for my silence the last few days, but now I am back and ready to blog. Where was I? Here's a quick rundown:

Wednesday Travalon and I went to two movies, Elf and the new Hunger Games. Thursday I went to Travalon's mother's house for their family Thanksgiving dinner, then we came back to Madtown for the dinner at Rich's house. As always, these events can be crazy. Someone at one of these dinners made a comment about "too many black people" being shown on TV these days, and someone else would just break out into Gregorian chant at random moments. One person kind of dominated the conversation. At one point I managed to make the topic burial and how we'd like to be dealt with after we die. Hey, I want people to know - no embalming me. Rich lit a menorah for the first day of Hanukkah, which will not coincide with Thanksgiving again for another 70,000 years. I don't know what your plans are, but I will be lying in the ground, unembalmed. Friday I took the day off of work, and Rich and I worked out. He made me do all kinds of weight machines that I didn't even know existed. Then he, Kathbert, and I had leftovers. Today I met Jilly Moose and OK Cap for coffee, then OK Cap and I took a rosary walk and had some pizza for lunch, and then Rich, Kathbert, and I went for a walk since it was such a lovely day out, at least compared to the last few days. Now I am at Rich's, blogging while he naps.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Loved Catching Fire! Seriously, who would complain about too many Black people on TV. Find something else to bellyache about. As 1% Black, you should be offended. I agree, enbalming is unenvironmental. I would say cremation or burial to be food for the various microscopic critters

Famous Hat said...

No kidding, if this person had complained that there were too many good-looking people on TV, or too few Asians, that I could get behind.

Hardingfele said...

And how does that comment resonate with the commenter's Catholic faith. What next, are they gonna complain about the Pope, who totally rocks!