Monday, November 11, 2013

Good and Bad Football Weekend



Happy (?) snowy Monday to my readers. On Friday I got up late and had to drive to work, so I went to Mass and then dinner with Richard Bonomo, Luxuli, and her husband. On Saturday I met the Rosary Ladies (Luxuli, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap), Rich, and some other ladies for coffee, then I planted some tulip bulbs in Rich’s yard. Travalon gave me orange tulips for Easter, and our former organist gave Rich purple ones for Easter. They should be beautiful when they come up next spring. Then Travalon and I were going to watch a silent movie, Nosferatu, with a coworker of mine, but it was a beautiful day and he really wanted to go to a Badger game this year. He went to the game and we ladies went to the movie, which was very creepy. Then my coworker stopped by Rich’s house to get the tour, but we couldn’t talk her into staying for dinner. Catzooks and a coworker of hers made tons of food (chicken, rice and beans with veggies, macaroni and cheese, cake, and apple crisp) and then invited a bunch of us to enjoy it. Travalon was very happy because the Badgers had won, and he said it was a perfect day until the fourth quarter, when it got really windy. He didn't stay for the Fifth Quarter with the band.

Travalon stayed over at Rich’s house and joined me for Mass in the morning and then brunch afterwards with Rich and another bass from our choir. Then we went back to Rich’s house to watch the Packers game, and their backup quarterback got hurt so they had to go to the third string guy. He didn’t seem to be doing such a bad job, but Travalon and I went for a walk at halftime, and when we got back, we had missed a few minutes of the game and the Pack were down by 10. It never got any better after that. Once again, our defense just kind of let the Eagles through. So sad… Then at band practice, one of my bandmates was grilling me about what I thought of the new Pope. Come on, who doesn’t love the new Pope? I’ve heard people who say they are atheists love him. He had me at the name “Francis.”

Famous Hat

No comments: